Saturday 28 May 2011

LIM Week 17 - Entries 2 - 5!

Well - I've taken this weeks LIM challenge to heart!  I did my first entry this morning, going for the safe middle ground I am always drawn to with my need for symmetry, but I was determined to try and pick one of the different corners and go asymmetrical for once.  So I picked an as yet uninked hero arts set with trees, branches, birds and animals and selected the bird and branch below and went off the card with the branch in the top right corner.  I stamped the bird on separate stock and cut him out to cover over the branch, but added just the legs direct to the card.  All coloured with faber castel pencils to avoid colour bleed on the inside layer of card stock.  The happy hello is another hero arts stamp but its in a box, so I split it up by stamping just the areas I wanted and placing either side of the image.


I liked it, I liked it so much that I decided to have another go.....

This time I went with another uninked stamped from an inkadinkadoo clear set.  The sentiment was under the cake stand, so again I stamped just the areas I wanted then masked off the other, move it along and inked the sentiment to the side.  I coloured the roses lightly with pencils again, then added some pearl leaves and coloured the stand in silver.


There was no stopping me now - top right, bottom left - done.  So why not do the other corners too???  I did want to make some extra quick cards too for our first craft fair in a couple of weeks where we will be selling the results thus far from my Charity Card Challenge in aid of St Luke's Hospice [thanks to all the LIMettes who've joined in so far - we've had over 300 cards in 6 weeks - you are all A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!    If you don't know what I'm talking about then click the St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - you've still got a few days to play with our pattern challenge for May and then we'll be back at midnight on the first of June with a new one!!!]

OK, so back to the challenge at hand - I next went bottom right.  Not sure of the brand of stamp on this one - possibly inkandinkadoo again.  Stamped in stazon black, corners rounded, then I simply used some pastel sticks to scribble colour from the bottom right towards the centre of the "corner square" in deep reds, through orange to yellow, which I blended with a tissue.


Finally - my 5th entry to LIM (by mid afternoon on a Saturday - I think that might be a record!) I went for the last corner remaining - top left.  This time I went with a simple boxed sentiment, again from a Hero Arts clear stamp set and then I added a vinyl rub-on butterfly over the corner.  I filled the white space within it with glue and sprinkled on some lime green glitter.


I'd love to know your favourite - I think mine is either the bird or the butterfly, but I keep changing my mind!

I have to say a big thanks to Lady LIM and Diva LIM for another FABULOUS challenge - I love how their challenges (and their tips and comments) push me out of my comfort zone and make me try things that would just don't come naturally to me.  This challenge more than any other, in my opinion, is making me a MUCH better card maker, which is why I come back to play as early as I can every weekend :-D

Thanks for reading to the end - sorry it was such a long post....
Craftilicious x

45 comments:

  1. Oh check you out LIMette Tara!!!!
    They are all just FAB
    My fav is the daisy, pink and orange, its FAB-U-LOUS!
    Thanks so much
    Diva LIM mandi
    "LEss is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful but like Mandi my fav is the daisy...I just love the stamp and colours.
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you ARE on a roll! Loving all those Inkadinkado cards, they're all FAB. I'm loving this idea too and have done three!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure you must have set a record here 5 fabulous entries by Saturday pm.
    Think my favorite is the daisy but closely followed by the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Wish I had time to do more. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the cards are lovely but I think the Thank You one is my favourite. I know what you mean. I have done two cards already and must post them on my blog. Already worked out what to do for the next one as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set of cards, well done. I think my favourite is the litte bird one.
    Maureen......x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB Cards love the birdie.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Love them all, I think the Bird one is my favourite, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. All fab, but really like the cake! Good enough to eat! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!! all five possibilities! and every one of them just perfect. I think I'll have done all five before the week is out (2 down so far) but all five by the afternoon of the first day, now that's impressive.

    really beautiful cards. I think the bottom left corner card is my favourite... just

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very great cards ! Nice, beautiful....

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow you have done loads....lol All great cards, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. FAb set of cards but my favourite is the butterfly. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spoil for choice here, think the bird is my favorite, great cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. All great, it took me all my time to make one! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fun sketch - so much potential! And you've rocked this challenge. I think these are really super - my favourites are the butterfly and thank you - great cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been busy, all of them lovely
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  20. All fantastic, my fav is the cake.
    jenjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...you were on a roll...I like all of them...but like the bird alot, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love them all, but the positioning of the bird off the page, and the colour of the butterfly blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL well that covers it all! great fun work XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, you're on a roll girl! and all so lovely too! Jeannie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful selection of cards, lovely. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous cards Tara :-) all of them are gorgeous ,,, :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  28. all beautiful, but I love the bird and the butterfly the most.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Flippin `eck Tara, you have been busy. They are all fab, I think my fave is the bird one but I really can`t decide.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. a fab lot of cards, tink the bird is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow how busy have you been Tara?!! You have made some really lovely cards here Not sure which is my favourite...maybe the flower one...?
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow-I haven't even decided what to do this week yet. All great cards, my fav is number 4.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  33. An awesome set of cards - you have enjoyed this week's challenge haven't you !! My fav is the wedding card, the font on the 'love in bloom' sentiment is really great and so is the cake image. Everything about this card just 'sings' to me !!!
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have been so busy what beauties ! all of them are first rate and beautifully crafted.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous set of cards, Tara!! LOVE the daisy card...I think it's that color combo you added across the daisy...fabulous! Way to go getting all five done!!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good grief you're really on a roll this time!
    I love the Love in bloom one
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow ... what a group of great cards Craft! My favorite is the first one; I love how colorful and happy that bird is. Well done.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great collection of cards!I have to say it's the wedding card that caught my eye the most-what a fab stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW, Gosh you're really on a roll, gorgeous cards, love them all and certainly couldn't pick a favorite, what will you come up with for next week? LOL :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gosh you have been busy - I'm struggling to make just one! Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've never known anyone make so many cards for each challenge, you're nuts! Although actually, I've made 3 this week so I can't talk really ;-)

    Looking forward to the SLCCC going live tomorrow, xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW!!! Fantastic cards....all of them! :) Love the cake stamp! :) And the green glitter is a soft spot too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow...you are on a roll...love how you made cards showing each corner square...the top squares are especially nice, as those would be the most difficult for me...lovely cards:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. All so fabulous, each one so differents. If I had to choose it would be the one with the image in the bottom right, so arty - love it!!
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips