Thursday 12 May 2011

Less is More Take 4!

See, told you I was a WoW convert now ;-)   As I got a new cricut cartridge on Tuesday, I couldn't resist having a little play last night.  As I was just testing it I just used white card and I was really pleased with the shape I cut so I thought it would be rude not to turn it into a 4th card for this weeks LIM challenge, - 4 is definitely a record for me despite my LIM obsession!



The cartridge is called Damask Decor and its one of the new ones Cricut have just released.  I wasn't going to buy any more but I just HAD to have this one, there are so many beautiful intricate shapes you can cut.  This one has 3 layers a the bottom.  All were cut at 2½ inches and layered up and then covered in glossy accents to get a thick covering of glimmer dust on as I wanted an encrusted super-sparkly look.  A bit of script covered vellum from a DCWV stack and s few score lines were all I felt the card needed.  Tried a few sentiments but I felt it spoilt the clean look so I left it without - right choice???

I'm going to try some more designs from this cartridge for my friends wedding invites - I think it will be perfect.

Thanks for stopping by.

Craftilicious x

4 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous and the dusting of twinkle makes it all the more special!
    Thanks so much for yet another super card.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - this is absolutely gorgeous, I do like that damask flower and the sparkle really shows!! I think you've nailed the WoW challenge :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips