Saturday 21 May 2011

Colour Throwdown - Black, Grey and Lime

I don't often do colour challenges - I find it the hardest form of challenge as I have a colours I am comfortable working with, and others I don't.  I do follow them though, and play along when a combo comes up that suits me (I know the idea is to challenge yourself but colour is my Achilles heel...)   This week, I loved the colour combo at colour throwdown, and knew instantly what I wanted to make but have only just found time to do it.  You can find the challenge here - http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2011/05/color-throwdown-142.html


I used a white base card, and mounted some grey damask from a papermania capsule collection onto black for the background.  I stamped a waltzing mouse label onto some lime swirl DP from My Minds Eye, cut with the corresponding nestie and mounted again onto black.  I added a simple sentiment from there she goes stamps again in black.  I made a paper ribbon from the same lime swirl DP and mounted again onto black across the centre of the card.  I then used a lovely thick ribbed satin ribbon and made a flat bow, secured with a lime green brad, this was set to the side with the sentiment at the other side for balance.

I am combining this with this weeks challenge at 4 crafty chicks which is to use brads.  I bought these jumbo brads ages ago and have only used one so far so I thought this was an ideal challenge to use another on.  http://4craftychicks.blogspot.com/2011/05/challenge-38-brads.html

Have a good evening,  Craftilicious x

5 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I think you did great using that color combo :) Love that brad in the ribbon - awesome!

    Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Tara I meant to leave a comment ages ago and got waylaid. Your card is fabulous. Great use of the colours.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow pretty creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using that beautiful light gray in the background really adds to the elegance of your card! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the label and the ribbon treatment here. I never seem to do colour challenges either - maybe I should try something new today! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips