Thursday 26 May 2011

PUCKa!

I needed to make a card for our nephew's birthday this weekend and there really is only one choice for him - it has to be an ice-hockey card as he's a massive Steelers fan.


I got the great image from Kenny K and its has just enough detail for you to be able to add your own team colours - which for the Steelers are orange and turquoise with lots of white.  I wanted some DP and was surprised it was so easy to find a match - its a sheet from the My Minds Eye Fine and Dandy set.  I cut the hockey player out and mounted onto a black oval, and printed a sentiment in a "puck" like font to wish him a "pucka" birthday.  I wanted him to just overhang the oval so his stick was on the DP, so I used a spotty ribbon to balance the otherside and cut a puck from some scrap black.  I think he came out quite well.

Night all, Craftilicious x

1 comment:

  1. What a great card for your nephew. I'm sure he'll be knock out with this. Don't forget the Sincerely Yours Craft Show at Lincolnshire Showground this Sunday if you've time. Would love to meet you. Zoƫ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips