Tuesday 10 May 2011

Lily's Scrapbook

I've recently finished my 2nd ever scrapbook - I find layouts much harder than card making but I do enjoy it when I get into it.  This one was for my newly arrived great niece - who is called Lily.  I thought I'd share a few of the pages to see what you all think.  The album and lots of the stickers and embellishments were from an American Crafts kit that I picked up in December from TJ Hughes - I bought quite a few as they were a bargain £4!


The stickers and heart were part of the kit - the flowers and gems were my additions along with a few leaves from a MS punch.


The corners are cut on my cricut from the "from the nest cartridge" and then the flowers around her face are punched with a pearl drop centre.


Nestie shapes, lots of flowers and an Elzybels stamped sentiment and an old vellum quote.


I've left the quote stamps empty for Mum and Dad to write in.


This was my favourite layout - a double page spread of smiles and giggles.  Page above - Branch cut on cricut from the nest again, bird part of kit but coated in glossy accents, butterfly is ribbon.  I made my own photo corners using a MS corner punch and "snipping" into it to slide the photo in before sticking it back down to hide the snip.

Page below - This grey paper is from a gorgeous pad by GCD studios - I added a vellum border with a MS punch, and a hand coloured lily for Lily ;-) that I coloured with pencils on kraft to bring out the white when blending.  The photo corners are from an old sizzix die, as is the LOVE.  I love this photo as Lily is staring straight into Mum's eyes...


That's all I have to share tonight.  I'll be back Wednesday possible with a new card as we're out at a gig again tomorrow night - Tim Minchin this time - can't wait :-)

Craftilicious x

3 comments:

  1. Tara - such a lovely scrapbook. It was so worth the effort - I particularly love the last layout on your post - the look on Lily's face is just wonderful!! The love and trust in her eyes - so special. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous pages ,,,, all of them are just gorgeous :-) sooo cute :-) isn't she lovely !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips