Friday 4 January 2013

Waltzingmouse Secret Santa

I took part for the first time in the Waltzingmouse Secret Santa Card Exchange organised by Cathy Weber back in December - it';s the second year she's done it but I missed it last year.  The idea is you post in the forum that your interested and then Cathy assigns you someone to send a card to, and someone else to send a card to you.  Then, we all share them on our blogs today.

My good friend Deborah was assigned as my Santa and she made me the most beautiful card using the new Ornate Ornaments set (amongst many other WM stamps) and using my favourite colour teal as well.  Unfortunately however, the postman seems to have lost my address as I haven't yet received the card :-(  I'm sure it's winging its way across the country somewhere Deb and hopefully it will be here very soon.  At least I've seen it on your blog now and it is BEAUTIFUL!


As for me - I made a card for the wonderful and super talented Kelly aka Gingham Girl and Waltzingmouse DT member - eek no pressure there then!  I went with a sentiment from Yonder Star combined with lots of texture from embossing onto my favourite kraft cardstock finished with a little bling and ribbon.  Apparently it even matched her kitchen - I must be psychic ;-)


Thanks for organising it Cathy - it's been great fun today seeing everyone's makes :-)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Tara - I do hope that you get the card. I had so much fun making it for you with.

    I love, love the card you made for Kelly - don't know how you resisted adding gingham though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, love the kraft and red together and all of the texture you put on your card.

    The one coming from Deborah is georgeous as well. Love the idea of teal in a holiday card, must think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, both of these cards are just so beautiful. Please don't feel bad that your card has not arrived, you are not alone. I am sending to Polly and forgot to put her country on the envelope and needless to say she never got the card, it finally made its way back to me and I resent. I have faith that the card will show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are very beautiful. Tara, hope you receive your card soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful, Tara! I love the first for the colours and the second for kraft embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card in blue for you and a wonderful card in red for Kelly!

    Deborah's ornaments are colored so nicely - I hope it gets to you soon!

    and I love your pretty holly leaves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips