Thursday 24 January 2013

The long and short of it

This week's challenge which is about to expire at CASual Friday's was to use a long/tall card and I wasn't really inspired to begin with - hence being late to join in.  http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/cfc86.html  But suddenly I had an idea based around making word 'long' the focus of the long card....


The long is my first attempt at creating my own handwriting file on my Silhouette Cameo using my Wacom tablet - it's a little wonky but not bad for a first attempt, simply cut from white card, coloured with copics and stuck on my long card base..  The pen and tablet are going to take a little practice!  I then added the rest of the phrase with a stamp from Crafts Meow Vintage Clocks and stamped a pair of glasses from Woodware going off the edge of the card.  A little corner rounding to finish and we have a very CAS monochrome card with a hint of humour - just my style.


11 comments:

  1. CLEVER! Clever idea and cleverly executed - wow I didn't know you could do your own handwriting with the Cameo. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeek! this is WAY genius! Love, love, love! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever card, the wacom is addictive you know lol. I bought that stamp set when I saw your previous card and still haven't used it. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara, have no idea what you are talking about but I sure love your card!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so clever and cute:)
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara - what a clever sentiment and execution! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever Tara - this is fabulous and made me smile! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This such a clever card Tara and his nice to have your own handwriting on a card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're terribly clever, terrible being that know I really know I need a Wacom tablet to go with my Silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're getting so clever with your cameo!!! What a great design and loving the handwriting cut too.
    A totally fun, modern card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips