Saturday 19 January 2013

Friends

This weeks theme at Less is More is friends and I've managed to be a bit quicker playing this week than last.  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/week-103-theme.html

I've made 3 cards which all sum up friends to me - not sure if one is CAS enough for Chrissie but I love the image so I'm including it anyhow.


This first one I actually made last week - it was for a submission to Paper Crafts magazine but it didn't make the cut so I'm free to blog it now and I think it really represents friendship.  It's from MFT Stamps and was coloured with copics directly onto a 3 x 3 card.  Wish I looked like that in my jeans lol!


This is my favourite image - needs no sentiment - you can see the friendship and every girl (big and small) has a furry best friend hidden somewhere ;-)  The image is by Belles and Whistles coloured with copics on blending card and popped behind a nestie cut frame.  I spotted a little cut in the card after mounting it - hence the button - embellishments can hide a multitude of mistakes and rescue a card from the bin!


This final one is by Penny Black with a sentiment from Kaiserkraft which is all about friendship.  I thought the two were the perfect pairing.  This time I coloured the cats with polychromos pencils and sansoder to get a softer blended look.


17 comments:

  1. Such lovely cards Tara, lovely bright colours on such a cold and snowy day

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of cards Tara!
    Superb colouring!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three lovely cards! I especially like the first one!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara
    Fabulous cards... All stunning ... Hope you are well...
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great group of cards, love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of cards! I love the first one - the colours are so so vibrant and it really does represent friendship! Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the first is def my fave but i love them all...

    Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous colouring, three super cards - the cats are my fave! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh what a fab collection of card, they are all brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all gorgeous Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection, all such different styles! Those cats are cute and love the MFT stamps... everytime I decide to buy them I can never decide which ones to go for so I leave them :0(
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three fabulous cards, Tara!! I really love that third card...and your coloring on all three is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic collection Tara, love them all but the first one does it for me. Fabulous image and a great sentiment. Wonderful!
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3 fab cards - but the first one tops my list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have been working hard and out came 3 fabolous cards. All unique and all something special.

    Thanks for your comment and for the time you invested for it and sorry for my late commenting, but business is eating me up at the moment. So time is rare for crafting and commenting is getting lost, sorry!

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really "cool" card Tara! I like the colors you've used, they are so fresh and bright! The other two cards are very nice too but the first one I really like it best!
    Thank you for the nice comment on my card.

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightful card and colouring - sorry to be so late commenting this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips