Friday 4 January 2013

the last Waltz :-(

I was REALLY sad to read that this week's sketch at one of my favourite challenge sites is to be the last ever - boo hoo :-(     http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/last-challenge-129december-29-2012.html

So, I had to ink up my Waltzingmouse stash and join in for a final waltz - don't you just hate it when the party is over and you have to go home?    Here's hoping it won't be long before we get an invite to a new party with the same old friends :-(


I was going to ink up my all time favourite stamp sets - "Back in the Saddle/Way Out West" for this final sketch but the urge to play with my new Christmas present stash was too strong so my sets from the latest release won the day.    I stamped 3 of the hearts from the new my heart set onto white card in pear tart and pistachio inks and added some banners from the woodgrain set which I stamped sentiments from my heart onto.  I cut the hearts by hand as my laptop with my silhouette software on died on New Years Day - for the vine one, I drew around the outside of the stamp to get a nice even line to follow ;-)  I added some gems for a little sparkle and an embossed background for added texture and interest.  I finished the sketch with a strip of white card stamped with chevrons from woodgrain and the leaf vine from my heart.   I'm not sure why I initially pulled out the two shades of green - not the first thought for hearts - but inadvertently I've created an anniversary card for friends whose wedding colours were these greens.  Their anniversary isn't whilst September though so I'd better put it somewhere safe..........

Whilst I had these sets out, I also decided to make an quick anniversary card for my hubby - for our first date anniversary which is next week.  We've only been married for 5 years, but we've been together for 18 so we like to celebrate both as I fancy a golden anniversary party and the together one will come quicker ;-)


As you can see, my thing for kraft cardstock has followed me into 2013 as I opted for it again.  I really think it works well with the woodgrain.  For this one I wanted the wood to be more prominent as I spotted a challenge where the theme is wood (holz as it's a German challenge site)  http://kis-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/kis-4-holzwood.html so I thought I'd play along.   As the stamps are NEW then I'm also entering this into this week's casology challenge as new is this weeks' cue word  http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/week-25-new.html

This time I stamped the large background stamp using real red ink onto the base card and rounded the corners.  I cut some more kraft card and drew some soft pencil lines to make sure I centred my heart images perfectly - I stamped them using peanut brittle and just a hint of rich cocoa inks.  I used the vine stamp again to "hang" the heart with.  I then used 3 of the sentiments from my heart to finish it off.



17 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous Tara and I love the colour schemes you've chosen for both. It IS sad when you have to go home after the party, but these days I get quite excited about the prospect of getting some sleep so it's not all bad! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara, these are wonderful projects with the My Heart set! I love the layered hearts and the color scheme on the first one. The teeny gems and embossed background are lovely with this design. What a sweet anniversary card and the krafty/red color scheme is perfect! I will miss your awesome WMSC creations, but can't wait to see what you make for upcoming challenges in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the new party is not too far away.... great use of the sketch, I love how you used these stamps, looks great, thanks so much for playing along with the last Mischief Maker Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The woodgrain pattern is amazing! I love that you used only three colors - so beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tara - both these cards are just wonderful. I love, love the soft greens on your first card (I may CASE this) and your anniversary card is just perfect. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both gorgeous, Tara! My fave is the second one - great use of kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both fabulous...
    love these woodgrain hearts and images...
    and the red and kraft are perfect for them!
    Thanks so much for playing along with our last WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm not supposed to pick a favorite Tara. but WOW the second one with the red and the kraft - I love how the peanut brittle ink makes the heart look like a watermark. I can see the love on this one! Congrats to you and your sweetie on your anniversary! So sweet to remember your first date!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the red woodgrain looks on the kraft - very natural and woodsy. I also celebrate the our 'real' anniversary - from our first date - we never looked back and to me, that's the real beginning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards and these new sets are some of my favorites!! What a great take on this final challenge at WMSC! Thank you so much for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is adorable! thanks for playing along with WM!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toom cute! Don't you just love that heart stamp.
    Have a fab 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the warm colours of you card! Thanks for playing along with CAsology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your WM stamp sensations. I too am sad to see the weekly sketch challenges over. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are fabulous! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tara,
    indeed, Kraft and woodgrain work together perfectly, you're right! I like the CAS style of your anniversary card, very beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
    smiles, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tara,
    your colors are perfect for this card, and the woodgrain looks great on the kraft!
    Thanks so much for playing along at keep it simple!
    Chrstine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips