Thursday 10 January 2013

Runway inspiration


I've been following the Runway Inspired challenge since it began but I think this is the first time I've actually entered  http://runwayinspired.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/ric27-cacharel.html  I often find picture inspirations difficult but this one just jumped out at me and hit me with an idea.


The image made me think straight away of this Hero Arts/Basic Grey Floral Medley Background stamp which I've had a while but not yet inked up.  I stamped it onto water colour paper with embossing ink and  black glint powder.  I coloured it quickly with twinkling H2O's (Majestic blue, Blue Grass, African Jade and Ocean Wave) and then cut a portion out for the top of the card.  I added a Hero Arts simple birthday sentiment and then fussy cut a couple more small portions from the remaining background and pieced them into the other corners.

9 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Tara! LOVE the stamp you used--so fun! Gorgeous CAS layout, too! HUGS to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have used the background stamp well! Your coloring is beautiful, and I love the white space in the middle! Glad you finally decided to join the Runway Inspired Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara
    Fabulous card.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamping! Love the composition and color mix! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge! Hope to see more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Tara and fabulous colours..l

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara - this is brilliant! I love the stamp and the painting is lovely - you can just about see the shimmer too! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tara, I love how you've cut around the flowers and used the stamp in a different way, gorgeous 'Tara' colours too :0)
    Thanks for your comment... I'm excited and a little daunted by my new DT spot but I'm sure I'll be fine in time, still can't believe we'll see CAS cards in Craft Stamper!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it's stunning Tara! I could do with being wherever these tropical beauties grow - my feet are like ice! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card, Tara! So glad that you joined us in the Runway Inspired Challenge! Happy card making! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips