Saturday 5 January 2013

Thank you - you are a superstar!

I was definitely in need of a thank you card this week as one of my techie mates has been a real wonderful this week staying up into the early hours to fix my broken laptop - and now I'm back online - hurrah!   Still some bits to reinstall - like my silhouette software and hopefully all my lost files which he managed to recover too - he really is a superstar!

Luckily the theme at CASual Fridays this week is just that - CAS thank you cards http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/cfc84.html  I combined this challenge with the black and white plus a splash of one other colour challenge at Less is More  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/happy-new-year-101.html  and used the sketch at Retro Sketches for my design  http://retrosketches.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/retrosketches-45.html


I cut a mask using a nestie lable on copy paper and stamped through the hole with my new Hero Arts envelope liner background stamp using black ink.  I added a couple of strips of black and white striped washi tape over that and then added a white embossed sentiment on a black ribbon banner.  I added my splash of colour - yellow - via the medium of stars (for the superstar who's getting the card!) using a MFT die.   I do love black and white and geometric shapes and stripes for masculine cards.

Right - back to computer tweaking - it's so weird how hard it's been without a computer for just 4 days - I realised just how much time I spend online - I really should try to get outside more this year I think!!!



16 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Tara... perfect for a chap. The stars really pop!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tara, I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Love the black, white with pop of yellow! Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..glad you had someone to help out with your computer.
    I love the colour and layout of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I really love this Tara! Thanks for joining in the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique, Tara! Love the pop of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this is fab Tara, would be a great card for a teen if it didn't already have a home. Perfect embossing, whole thing looks amazing!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tara, Happy new year to you. Love this card with the splash of yellow.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow i love it Tara... i must try this sketch this week

    Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card - love the pop of yellow in the stars. So pleased that your lappy is fixed. I don't know what I'd do without my daily fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Tara and a great layout...love your touches of yellow

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a really heartfelt card Tara! I love the bright stars against that wonderful background. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, Tara, funny to hear you say less PC and more fresh air. My sentiments exactly for the new year. I LOVE this card. It's so alive and vibrant. Great design. I'm happy your PC was saved too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great masculine card - really packs a punch! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card...I hope you will link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week! http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-22.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips