Friday 25 January 2013

Black Rainbows

I watch the blog hop at PTI every month - drooling over the gorgeous creations but I've never played along before.  I only have 10 PTI sets so far (I find their overseas postage costs prohibitive but now thanks to a lovely friend who is Stateside I have the chance to get them shipped to her and forwarded on much more cheaply) so often found I couldn't shoehorn one of my sets into the theme.  However, this month the theme is just to create a card on a black background and I knew I could make that work!  http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/01/january-2013-blog-hop.html


I heat embossed a sentiment from the Movers and Shakers Sentiment Set in white onto a black card base and then created a rainbow in the background using polychromos pencils which have strong enough pigment content to show up when applied directly to black card.  I then die cut some clouds and popped them up with dimensional foam over the rainbow.  I finished with a white dotted line around the outside with a white gel pen.

It's also No 69 on my list of the 75 card challenges - make your own rainbow.  See the tab on top of my page for links to the other 74 cards on the list.....

12 comments:

  1. Such a clever card. I placed my 1st pti order last year after drooling over them for years and was really impressed, can see me ordering more next time. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that rainbow is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant take on the blackboard look, Tara! Fab rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just lovely! Love the rainbow and sentiments you've used.

    I hope to get to the post office tomorrow (snow permitting!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you created a rainbow! It's perfect with that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have stumbled upon your blog time and time again. Now I'm a follower. The rainbow pouring into your card is a brilliant idea! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Tara, great sentiment and I love the design, hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the color pencils. Great job on the PTI blog hop challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is such a cool card. I just love how your rainbow turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - love your rainbow flowing into the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever - love how you've done the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rainbow looks even more stunning on black, terrific design :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips