Saturday 26 January 2013

Sketchy Bands

Jen has done a lovely simple sketch for today's LIM challenge http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/week-104-sketch.html and for my first card today I am casing the heart card she created with it.


I swapped the hearts for starts and designed a complete border in silhouette studio, cut it from gold shimmer paper and then applied it with transfer tape.  I embossed a sentiment from a Simon Says Banner Stamp set onto black card with WOW superfine gold powder and then just cut it as a block rather that using the banner die which would be too long for this card.

My second card was actually the first one I made, but I've just noticed that Gillian and I are on the same wave length and she's already used the same birds on a branch!



The birds are a digi from Tiddly Inks so super easy to get them to the exact width of the card - I coloured them rainbow fashion with copics and added wishes using an Elzybells alphabet stamp set and the birthday greeting with a Waltzingmouse set.   This one makes me very happy - I fell in love with these birds the first time I saw them on the Tiddly Inks blog - they just make me laugh and I don't really know why!

29 comments:

  1. I totally love the bird card - the rainbow colouring is fab!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two smashing cards but my personal fave HAS to be the bird alphabet

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulolus cards, The birds are so cheery and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally in love with the bird stamps too, love the rainbow colours too. Using transfer tape is a perfect idea. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fab cards Tara but just adore that little bird stamps...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds do think alike! Love your use of the image, I agree love those little birds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I'm beginning to think I *need* this bird image :). Two gorgeous cards, love the clear bright colours on the birdies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these birdies! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those birds are so cute Tara and I like the shimmery starry card too. FYI the 'music' was 'Dance the way I feel' by Ou Est le Swimming Pool. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fab, Tara! I love the pop of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards, the bird one really stands out, great Txx

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAB, FAB rainbow colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the rainbow birds - just brilliant! I think I see a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this lovely card - I hadn't heard of Tiddly inks before, but am now the proud owner of my own 'bird' stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those birds are fabulous, they look great in rainbow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your bird card and fell in love with it! So much so that I purchased the image!! I LOVE the coloring of the birds! Both cards are fab...but the birds are a winner for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fabulous cards Tara but I have to go for the birds. They are so cute and beautifully coloured.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute birds in a lovely CAs card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two great cards Tara xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are really great Tara, but I really love the birds.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tara

    Two gorgeous cards .. .. love them both .. .. but the birds just have to be my fav. So lovely and colourful!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can see why those little birds make you smile, they're brilliant. Love the rainbow colours too.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are both fab Tara but I love the birds one best! I love all the bright colours! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love those stars tara!! but the birds are so cute too

    Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hehe, I love those quirky little birds :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This birds are really stunning! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another rainbows and birds fan here - beautiful!
    Happy LIMing,
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my I love the image on your second card.......gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips