Monday 9 September 2013

Wish Big


As you know by now, our challenge for this month at House of Cards is this lovely colour combo http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk and this week it's the turn of the CAS team to show you what we can do with it.

This is my clean and simple take on it:


I must admit I found the colour combo a bit challenging to begin with as pinks and purples are not my normal go to colours but once I got my new Stampin Up sentiments the wish BIG sentiment gave me the inspiration to use my BIG candles from Hero Arts.   I stamped the candle 3 times using the two pale purples and the pink and fussy cut them out.  I added some partial embossing with some stars allowing them to fade into the middle.  I stuck the candles on top and then stamped the sentiment over the top of those in dark purple.  Finished with a little stickles and a star gem in the sentiment.

Can't wait to see what you all do with it now but remember to keep it CAS this week.



5 comments:

  1. Very creative. Love the little touch of embossing that you have done as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, love the sparkle and embossing

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice card Tara, ...it was not obvious to combine the colors! I love the sparkly candles and the embossed background!
    I wish you a beautiful day
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, LOVE the star embossing and I absolutely adore the sparkle, too! This is fabulous! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips