Saturday 28 September 2013

Putting on the Ritz

I've been playing with my new Waltzingmouse stash this morning, which I shouldn't have been doing really as I've got cupcakes to bake, but when I saw the sketch at LIM this morning I couldn't wait to play  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/week-139-sketch-10.html


I used the Black and White plus a splash theme from ColourQ to create this simple card just using stamps from the new Putting on Ritz set plus a feather from Fine Feathers.   I stamped the round frame and head in black and die cut the circle.  I used neon pink as my "splash" a cut a feather out by hand adding a tiny gem to the headband too.  The sentiment is also from the same set - I hope I'm forgiven for moving it more centrally - I TRIED to do it off centre but my need for symmetry won through in the end.


Whilst I'd got the stamps out I made another card - this time using the colours for our current challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics - we're really low on players this time - just 2 entrants so far - so I thought I'd show that you can use just 3 of the colours (for me the two browns and one of the reds) in case the 6 colours were too intimidating.


I used a background from Art Deco backgrounds and stamped it in chocolate pearl onto kraft.  I then made the square frame and my favourite sentiment from Putting on the Ritz the focus of the card on another kraft panel.  Quick and simple but quite dramatic.

Right - time to make cakes......

13 comments:

  1. Fab projects, a big fan of all things art deco so love your LIM card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - I love your Ritzy card - perfectly CAS and perfectly elegant! And the card using our colours is fabulous!

    Enjoy your baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Tara
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Tara. Love the pop of pink on the first and what a great sentiment on the second! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards Tara...my your first is my favourite...love the splash of colour

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color challenge card!! The hot pink looks great with the black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both great Tara, I love the boldness of the black and pink!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Art Deco card is stunning Tara! Super elegant! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Art Deco CAS card, Tara. Am waiting patiently for that stamp set to arrive. The pops of pink are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card, Tara, love your pop of pink! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards, loving the Art Deco stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that black and white card looks so striking with the pop of bright pink! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips