Wednesday 25 September 2013

Runway leaves


The current picture at Runway Inspired really spoke to me this week so I had a play along with the challenge
http://runwayinspired.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/ric44-zuhair-murad.html  The bottom really reminded me of my friends wedding dress.  My card is above and this is what inspired me to make it:


I used a memory box die and cut it from blue shimmer card keeping the innie bits in some and popping them out of others for variety.  I used kraft as my base as it was the closest I had to the soft taupe colour of the dress and to imitate the skirt I used some vellum but I wanted to tone down the "white" it gave when overlayed on the kraft so I carefully coloured it with my putty coloured copic before spritzing a little gold shimmer - all on the underside of the vellum.  I finished with a sentiment band with the gorgeous sentiment from Waltzingmouse stamped and embossed in smokey slate embossing powder from stampin up.  I love the grey instead of silver - it adds a touch of elegance and makes a change from white too.


4 comments:

  1. This is super Tara. I love that leaf die.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love how the vellum covers only the bottom part.. just like the dress!!!! Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips