Friday 20 September 2013

Cool blues

There is a monochromatic challenge on the Lawn Fawn blog at the moment - I often find colour challenges difficult but monochromatic is more in my comfort zone so I gave this one a go  http://lawnscaping.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/lawnscaping-challenge-66.html


I used the adorable Critters In the Snow set (currently out of stock at Make the Day Special but will hopefully be back soon for those of use on this side of the pond!)

I decided to use blue memento to stamp the igloo rather than the standard black to keep within the colour theme of blues that I'd opted for for my chilly scene and I'm glad I did as I really think it lends itself to keeping it feeling cold!  I coloured it with copics (in the 000 and 00 and 0 ranges mostly) and then added a few shadows with darker shades.  I went for a couple of seals - one using blue-grey copics and one using bluer shades - the latter is perhaps a little too blue to be realistic but I liked him!

For my scene I tore strips of DP to create the icy landscape and mounted them onto some sparkly dark blue card to give it a "all day night" feeling you get at the poles.  I embossed a sentiment from the set in white and then embossed 3 different snowflakes from the set using blue, teal and white glitter embossing powders (by WOW) before adding my igloo and seals into position and using toner grey copics to create some more shadows to ground them.

I like this sentiment as it could easily be a Christmas card or a winter birthday!

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card! I'll have to try stamping with colors other than black - I love the igloo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute seals! Like the texture with the torn paper and snowflakes! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love the little scene you made! Amazing job!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper cute! And I love that Sapphire shade of blue. It's my birthstone. :) Love this card. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those seals are just too cute! Darling card. Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips