Saturday 14 September 2013

Mega-masking!

It's one-layer week at Less is More and this week they want a one layer get well card http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/week-137-olc-get-well-soon.html    I had an idea first thing this morning but messed it up with my choice of ink colours so only had time to make a second version this evening.  Get Well is also the challenge at Addicted to CAS this week so one card, two challenges ;-)


When you one to add some depth to a one-layer card then masking is your friend - I decided to go masking mad today and made 4 masks of the cute little bug from Papersmooches Healthy Vibes set so I could keep over-stamping until I'd filled my masked off frame on this 4x4 card.

When I did the first version I finished with the purple ink and stamped one just off centre to fill a gap but the purple was too dark when I embossed the sentiment into the middle it was totally lost.  In this version I kept the purple to the edges and just used the paler blues, yellows and greens in the centre and this time the sentiment is still clear and legible.   Once I removed the masks I just hand drew a black framed line to hold all the little bugs in and stamped the companion "feel better soon" sentiment on the inside to finish.

Now I've joined the Make The Day Special DT I would have linked up the stamp set to the store as you can get Papersmooches and lots of other hard to get US stamp company's goodies (Mama Elephant, Avery Elle, WPlus9 etc) but unfortunately this set is currently out of stock.  I will be back tomorrow though (Sunday is my day on their blog) with a couple of cards with sets that are in stock - including the gorgeous new release from Avery Elle ;-)



9 comments:

  1. Hi Tara
    Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply terrific Tara, what marvellous masking!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!!

    Dormouse.wibsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your "bug" spin - very cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops - Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love this Tara :0)
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card - right down to the frame to 'hold all the little bugs in'! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love that little bug! Your card is just super!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips