Sunday 22 September 2013

Fall leaves

Good Morning all it's my day on the Make The Day Special blog again today and this week I've gone all autumnal just in time for this last flash of summer we're all getting.  Hope the sun is shining on you today as it's glorious here in Sunny Sheffield!


I was inspired by the current challenge at CASual Friday's to feature shades of autumn and at least one leaf on your project - and as I have my new Avery Elle stash winking at me, it would frankly be rude not to play with the Modern Leaves set now wouldn't it.........    I also really liked the simplicity of the sketch this week at Retro Sketches so used that as the basis for my layout.



I wanted to make the big scribbled leaf the main feature on my card so I took a piece of white card smaller than my base and a selection of autumnal shades of ink and just went to town with random stamping.  If like me you find "random" a bit hard to do - follow the rule of 3 and stamp your leaf 3 times in each colour in 3 places and before you know you'll have covered your card ;-)

For my sentiment - also from the same set - I embossed it onto my base card with mustard EP from American Crafts and then added a shadow effect - this is super easy when you've embossed as you simply stamp again in a darker shade over the top but just to the left with a dye ink and then wipe it off the embossing.  Here's a close up.


My focal element is a flower die cut from brown felt (HA framelet) and 2 sets of leaves die cut from mustard felt with my Wplus9 Folk Art Florals dies again.   I hand stitched some tiny seed beads to the centre of the flower and added some streaks of orange stickles to stop the focal element being "flat" and finished with a few blobs of stickles around it to draw the eye in.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely would be rude not to play with new stamps...especially when they fit the challenge so well Tara! Love all your autumn hues and I love how you've done the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with retro Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely piece of stylised autumn- ness! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! I do like the embossed sentiment - must try that technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty stamped background! great card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have created a great background using stamps, it's lovely. Thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips