Monday 23 September 2013

Sending You Sunshine

You may have seen my little felt flower on my DT project for Make the Day Special yesterday - well it was actually the second felt flower I made this weekend - I was inspired by this week's theme at Less is More which is to use felt or material on your CAS card  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/week-138-theme.html


I combined a few challenges with the felt theme - curtain call's photo full of sunflowers, http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/curtain-call-inspiration-challenge.html, the theme of flowers at Keep It Simple http://kis-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/keep-it-simple-23-blumen-flowers.html and the beautifully simplistic sketch at CASe this sketch http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/case-this-sketch-46.html 


I only have one sunflower stamp and it's the Clearly Besotted one that everyone used at Curtain Call so I wanted to do something different with mine.  I stamped it in black onto some mustard felt and then cut it out - I flipped it over (it's a solid stamp and I didn't want to see the black) and then used some copics to add some shading to the petals.  I die cut a centre from brown felt (an xcut die I believe) and then stitched the two together with the addition of seed beads to give that heavy clustered feeling your get from a real sunflower centre with all their delicious tightly packed seeds.  I die cut 2 large leaves from the Love Quotes die set and back stitched some veins with embroidery thread.

I found a little scrap of brown striped DP in my snippets box and cut it to size and rounded the corners to match the sketch.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set as the sunflower - Blooming Marvellous from CB onto brown and embossed it with mustard ep cutting the end to form the banner in the sketch.  Then it was simply a case of sticking it all down - I've often struggled with glue and felt as it can soak in but I now find that pinflair gel is the perfect medium.


11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous sunflower Tara! I love the shading and the seeds and the stitched leaves. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous! Love the texture in the seeds and stitched detail on the leaves. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your sunflower Tara! Love the seeds...it looks so real! :)
    Lizy xx (LIM GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the stitching you did on the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is lovely!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how pretty! thanks for sharing your creation with us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sunflower works so well in felt and I love the extra detail with the beads and stitches :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how pretty. Love the felt sunflower and the shading. Clever way of using the stamp and doing something different. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sunflower and a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really sorry I'm so behind the times in commenting on this fab card.
    It's really super... love that sunflower!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips