Friday 14 March 2014

Musing on Roots

I was really drawn to this week's MUSE card http://musecardclub.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/muse-challenge-58.html as I love the new wooden paper I got recently and wanted to play with it some more.  I also wanted to play withe CASology's cue word of "roots" http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/week-86-roots.html so I decided to do a play on wood and use a tree...


The tree is a memory box die cut from the wood, coloured with copics and then glued back into place to give a one layer finish.  I added a teeny bit of shimmer to some leaves with a wink of stella brush pen and then stamped a PTI sentiment over the top.  To add a little balance I added a couple of strips of DP (Lawn Fawn into the woods) to the right.



9 comments:

  1. Love this design Tara, perfect image for the wood paper too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant ...omg wood paper need it now :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the colour pops on the wood! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of wood on your card...clever! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooooh!! I LOVE this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Such a great take on both challenges. I love the colored inlaid tree. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW, this tree looks amazing on the wood background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing take. lovin the wood! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow clever use of wood! Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week. May

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips