Sunday 16 March 2014

Cats

I've been playing with cat stamps this weekend over at Make the Day Special as we got the new sets from Newton Nook that have been MIA for a few weeks at Heathrow....

Firstly I decided to sit Newton on a spritz background using my new mask and new spritzing tool so he would fit this week's Less is More challenge. 


I stamped Newton and his presents onto various scraps of card and pieced him together and then popped him over the masking (which I have to say really makes your arm ache getting a good coverage with copics)  I finished with a sentiment from the same set - Newton's Birthday Bash.

Then I decided I wanted to play with both sets of stamps so I dug out Newton's Antics too and used stamping and masking direct onto kraft to create a little scene of a cat's perfect day which, for my cat at least, involves playing, eating and LOTS of sleeping!


I used polychromos pencils and this time gave Newton some tiger stripes in greys.  I've tried to colour him like my cat, but she's a calico and has too many colours to get it right!  I brightened it up with a few pops of pink - the two bits of card as the same but the photo is awful and they look like totally different shades!




3 comments:

  1. Oh Tara - these are both absolutely fabulous! I love the background on the first card - my colours!!!! And those cats playing in the parcel - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara I love that background and what a cute stamp!
    Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    (Guest commenter LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Tara, and fantastic background! Congratulations on being showcased at LIM!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips