Sunday 23 March 2014

It's nearly Mother's Day....

I've suddenly realised that next Sunday is Mother's Day here in the UK and that I'd better get a wriggle on with my card making for it so today my make is the first of my cards - this one will be for my Godmother.   I was inspired by the colours at ColorQ this week http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/colourq-challenge-233.html


I started with the gorgeous new Spring Wreath Die from Wplus9 but I wanted the flowers I put on it to be more of a statement that the little blooms that come with the die so I added flowers using Papersmooches Flowers Dies.   To give some texture and a rich feel to the card I die cut all my elements from felt.  The sentiment in the centre is also from Wplus9 - the little Mother's Day Bouquet set which I stamped using the awesome new inks from Avery Elle - this one is Fog - a warm mid-grey.   After stamping the sentiment, I ran the panel through a woodgrain folder for more texture before adding the wreath and flowers and accenting them all with a tiny pearl centre.

The challenge at Papersmooches this week is Anything Goes so I'm linking up to their challenge too http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-16-22-anything-goes-wk3-challenge.html



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely flower wreath and the felt texture with the tiny pearls is absolutely fab! Love the wood grain texture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bright colours in your wreath card, it will be received warmly by your Godmother I am certain, I love it!! Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so gorgeous in the felt - beautifully textured, especially with the woodgrain embossing! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips