Sunday 2 March 2014

Focal Colours

I really don't seem to have too much time for crafting at the minute and I'm really not finding time to visit other blogs - sorry - hopefully I'll get into a better rhythm soon.  Today I'm sharing a make from Make the Day Special using Water Blooms - a really pretty and useful floral set.  I was inspired by the colours at this week's Less is More of green and yellow and wanted to play around with just one image but make the focal image stand out by stamping it in a contrasting colour.



I took the large bloom from the stamp set and stamped it with a pale green ink onto green cardstock in a repeat pattern to form a simple background.  Then to create my focal point image I used the same stamp but stamped in pale yellow ink onto yellow card stock.  To add some interest and definition, I used a darker yellow copic to add a little shading to this image and added glitter to the dots.    I used the same darker shade of yellow to create a mat to make it stand out from the background.  Some yellow gems finished the flower centres and I added a sentiment from Healthy Vibes by Papersmooches as I needed a get well card for a friend who just got out of hospital.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this Tara - so fresh and zingy! The image is really pretty and I like the added sparkle.

    While I hope your business is going really well, I do hope you get some time to craft too! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using just one stamp to create your card Tara and the yellow and green colour scheme is fabulous! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that business is keeping you busy Tara! This looks awesome!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara what a bright and happy card!
    Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
    Anne
    (Guest LIM commenter!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips