Wednesday 18 April 2012

Shades of black......

Just a quick card today to meet the deadline for the challenge and it's a new one on me!  When Chrissie and Mandi challenged us last year to make a White on White card for Less is More, that was the first time I'd tried it and found it difficult at first but grew to love the effect, so when Annabelle stamps last week wanted us to "say it in black" http://annabellestamps.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/say-it-infriday-13th-black.html I decided to have a go at my first black on black card.   My thoughts went straight to sympathy, although I guess all black may be too dour but I actually think it worked out to be quite uplifting:


I think it's the bird heading to heaven that makes it less harsh.  I stamped him and the grasses and embossed with clear powder, added some velvet ribbon and then embossed the hero arts sentiment in white pearl, which came out kind of grey, but that makes it fit better somehow.

I'm also going to enter it into this weeks Craft Room challenge which is simply to add ink (ie no digis) http://craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/ink-it.html 

11 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of your card Tara
    lovely card for sympathy...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple elegance that works really well. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I reall love this too Tara...not too dark at all and I love birds on sympathy cards, very symbolic :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monochrome is very special and looks so elegant, very special card thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Silhouettes are perfect for a sympaty card!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply Stunning!!!!! thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what a stunning sympathy card!! Love the embossed stamping. beautifully done. Thank you for joining us for our 'ink it' challenge at Craft-room this fortnight. Good luck. Hugs
    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful card Tara - so perfect for the occasion. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful CAS and elegant card! Thank you for sharing with us at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This is stunning, and so effective. I love the black embossing on black and have never thought to do this but it definitely works. Thanks for joining in with our "Ink It" challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck in the draw.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Classy and effective..thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips