Thursday 29 March 2012

Paper bauble

I was really thrilled that my polar bear card was selected as joint top honour in last weeks's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge.  This week's challenge is to use decorative papers  http://52cct.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/embellishment-challenge-3.html


I opted for something quite simple as my crafting time is still limited by not feeling well.  I cut 5 ornament shapes from my DP using a nestie, scored each down the middle and folded in half, sticking each to the other to create a 3D ornament.  I mounted that onto a green pearl base that was also cut with a fancy nestie and I embossed a christmas script stamp onto it in gold.


7 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E this! Double puffy heart love! I love using punches to create 3D images--this one is no exception! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT and congrats on last week--your card really thrilled me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not surprised that lovely card was a winner Tara! I love this one too - the 3D ornament looks great against the gold script. Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well and I really hope you get it sorted soon. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever - really beautiful Tara! And well done on your win too honey!

    I hope you are feeling 100% better soon :(

    Hugs
    Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a well deserved win Tara. This is a stunner too - it's such an effective technique and your bauble looks great done with your patterned papers. Thanks for joining in with us again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dimensional ornament on this this lovely card.Congratulations on being picked and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win Tara :0)
    Your cranking through these Christmas card challenges...you'll be well set up by Christmas! Love the dimension on the bauble...great technique :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips