Saturday 17 March 2012

Fabby green peacock


I took just one floral image stamp from the newly released French Country set but as soon as I saw it it screamed peacock to me so here's my entry for this months Blog Party and as it also fits this weeks sketch I'll enter it in this weeks challenge too.


The photo isn't great so unfortunately the metalic shimmer on top of the colouring isn't showing up at all.  To make my peacock I stamped the foral image 5 times, coloured with copics added shimmer with sakura glaze pens and cut each out to form the fan tail.  For the body I stamped the same image but carefully inked only the edge and not the floral centre twice.  I cut out the whole central teardrop of one for the body and used just the narrow point of the other with a rounded edge for the head and added three tiny strips for fan on his head and finished with a little peacock coloured glitter.  Teamed with a green background and sheer green ribbon to just about scrape into this month's theme (sorry Clare didn't have anything Celtic!) and used one of my favourite sentiments from the Frame It set.

Do accept my apologies if I don't manage to reciprocate all your visits today but I am suffering with very high blood pressure and the meds I'm on are making me so dizzy all the time that I'm really not managing to be online for more than a few minutes here and there.  I'll try to get around to see all the green loveliness whenever I feel OK.  Thanks for visiting - I do love the 17th.....



29 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Tara, what a clever use of the beautiful floral stamps! Happy Partying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G!!!! TARA!!! I totally love this idea! This is one fancy French peacock, heeee! Those images make amazing tail feathers, and the sentiment is a perfect fit!!! I DO see the fabulous shimmer on his little body. What an awesomely creative entry for this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Tara beautifully coloured peacock..hope you are feeling better today

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creatively designed card. I love it when unexpected images emerge to create something amazing, like this card. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Tara, this is SO sweet!! Love how you used that image from French Country for the Peacocks tail! Fabulous card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you're not feeling well! This is such a beautiful card. What a wonderful idea to make this pretty bird. I knew I should have picked this set. Love the colors and the way you colored him in. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you adapted the stamp, I love to do that too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your peacok looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO resourceful Tara - I love it! The colouring is gorgeous too - very peacockish! So sorry to hear you're not feeling better. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!! Your creativity is beyond amazing!! Such a brilliant take on the paislee stamp! Hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fab fresh make, Tara, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you're not feeling well Tara! This truly is FABBY! How very clever to make a lovely peacock with these stampings and what gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clever! Love the coloring:)

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so adorable!! Love the cute peacock and the colours look amazing. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creative idea! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun and creative card! Thanks for joining along with WMS :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful and creative idea for that floral image! I don't know if after seeing this post, whether I'll ever see it quite the same way again! It works absolutely perfectly. I do hope your BP stabilizes and that you're feeling well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Way to think out of the box. Amazing coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your peacock creation, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic idea!! Love the peacock tail - I would never have thought of this! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is oh so fabby, and you are oh so clever! What a sweet card and a great use of this stamp! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tara, this is a genius idea! i love the wee peacock you made!! and I sure hope you are feeling better soon, high BP is no fun! Thank you so much for playing along with our blog party!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh goodness, Tara! What an inspired creation - it is just beautiful! So glad you could just us for the blog party, I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous Tara! Love the deep colors and goes perfectly with the sentiment. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! That's a great idea using those stamp images for the tail! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. How incredibly creative...
    it IS a peacock...
    and a fabby one at that!!
    Such a gorgeous card...
    so glad you could play with us at WMSC!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic stamping and use of shape, just fabby! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry this is so late, trying to get caught up--this is beautiful--I just love the peacock! Hope that you're feeling better!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips