Wednesday 14 September 2011

Magical birthday

It's going to be another quiet week for me on the blogging front - DH and I are on holiday and should be going away on Friday for a long weekend but as I'm still  not feeling great we might be staying closer to home.  I do feel guilty blogging when he's off too though as we don't get much time together so I won't be around as much as normal.

I do have a card to share today though as it's best friend's son's birthday tomorrow and as he's just getting into the Harry Potter books I decided to go with this lovely LOTV image:


I've stamped it onto kraft cardstock and coloured entirely with my polychromos pencils - I love how they colour onto kraft and think they've added a rich texture to his purple robes.  I've layerd him up and added a magical birthday sentiment and some stars.  Fairly simple but 10 year old boys don't like frills!  As it's on a black card though I have decorated the inside to make it easier to write on:


For the first time ever, I am also showing the back as I've had a gorgeous personalised stamp made and it arrived this week so this is the first time I've ever used it.



I'm entering the following challenges with this card:

CES challenge - make it magical or spooky

The spotted chick's - that's krafty thursday 54

Make it crafty's make it purple challenge

Pile it on "layers" challenge


Thanks for visiting :-)


7 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous card Tara, the colouring looks amazing. Hope you manage to get away and enjoy some time together...we all need to re-charge our batteries occasionally :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Tara...love that image...hope you feel better soon

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! That card is just right for a Pottermaniac! Hope you feel better soon and have some lovely time with DH. Vx
    PS I love your personalised stamp - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, gorgeous image so beautifully coloured! His robes are very rich, and it looks wonderful on the kraft card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fab!...thanks for playing at CES Challenges this week! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, isn't he a cutie! OH, wait a minute, I'm supposed to be scared aren't I? Oh well, he's just too STINKIN CUTE!! LOL! I bet he'll love it! Thanks so much for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips