Thursday 25 August 2011

Snippets...

Just a very quick post today, but I wanted to share my snippet make for this week.  By snippet make I mean a card I've made only using pieces of already cut and leftover decorative papers, you know the ones us crafters just can't throw no matter how tiny!   Jules has a great challenge on her blog every week to encourage us to use up these snippets before the stash of them takes over the world and this is my entry to that challenge this week.....



It's for my friend for her nephew's wedding.   I've CASEd the invite which had a bumpy purple square and two linked white hearts.  I opted for bumpy hearts (old die) from two complimentary shades of purple and a very pale fancy border cut with two nesties - all snippets.  The border is actually a snippet of white vellum which I coloured with a very pale lilac ink pad and blotted for a soft romantic feel.  The sentiment is Waltzingmouse, and I've inked it with two shades of purple to compliment the hearts.

I'll be making her a wedding card to compliment this nearer the date I expect.

That's all for today folks ;-)

Craftilicious x

14 comments:

  1. It may be quick but beautiful xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful creation dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey honey! So plsd the cards got to you on time - was manic on the weekend! Hope the sale goes well!

    What a lovely card - the colours just wonderful and that frame STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara

    What a gorgeous snippet make .. .. I love the vellum frame very much!! (and the hearts of course LOL!!).

    Sorry I didn't get chance to take part in the seaside challenge over at St Lukes .. .. but I have popped some cards into the post for you anyway. I hope they make it to you in time for the sale .. .. if not then they will have to start off your collection for next time.

    Hope all goes well with the sale and you make loads of money for your fabulous cause.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful snippet make .. .. great inspiration.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara

    Thanks for you comment of earlier .. .. I didn't know I was your coffee break entertainment!! I will have to make the hearts a bit harder to find so your break can last longer!! LOL!!!

    Have a great Bank Holiday weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card and brill idea love the name 'snippet' I have boxes of them! lol Have a great BH weekend. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely 'quick' card....great acceptance card.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so lovely, hard to believe its a snippet make x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great acceptance card.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful snippet make ... I particularly like the hearts. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous snippet make, love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely acceptance card, great use if snippets

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty Tara and great use of your snippets. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips