Monday 15 August 2011

Not quite Robbie....

It's my husband's bosses birthday tomorrow so I've made a card for him to give him.  He works in a small independent comic/book/sci-fi shop called Sheffield Space Centre which has been going for about 30 years now and has lots of loyal, if a little geeky, supporters and with only 4 staff they're all pretty close so do send each other cards and presents.  The man in question is a big fan of Robbie the Robot  from The Forbidden Planet which I don't have an image for, but I thought this little robot from Christy Croll's Stamping Bella range was the close enough....


He's stamped onto blending card and coloured with just cool and toner grey copics (with a little yellow for the cake) and I've highlighted his "studs" with silver.  I used what I like to call the "heinz" nestie lables as I think they lend themselves to masculine images - I got the DP yesterday, but stupidly threw the packaging away when I opened it and don't know who its by - sorry.  The ticket is a whimsey rubber stamp (cut by hand as I haven't gotten around to getting the die yet but it's an easy shape to cut freehand) and the sentiment is from elyzbels.  I finished with some silver rivets in the corners which are actually craft candy dots, but cut smaller with my cropadile.

He fits a couple of challenges:

At Cards for Men - it's nice and easy this week - anything goes as long as it's masculine - http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/2011/08/challenge-17-anything-goes.html

Cute card thursday want something clean and simple and I think he's a cute robot, and my design is pretty CAS - http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2011/08/challenge-177-clean-simple.html 

Hope you like him as much as I do ;-)
Craftilicious x

7 comments:

  1. oh yes. I really like him. I agree about the Heinz label too lol. Wonderful colouring and perfect papers.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guy card- love the image and your beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck!
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's really sweet and perfect for a 'geek'!!!! Lol
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! And absolutely perfect for a guy working in a Sci-Fi comic shop. I'd love that job - I'm a bit of a geek :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh very cute image and so many lovely details...really cute card ..love this....I am also joining the challenge from cards for men, my card is number is 59, would you mind to see it on my blog? many thanks before, Hugs,, Harry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, I would love to know what the dp was, lol. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image is so cool! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips