Thursday 16 May 2013

Birthday Mood Board

I loved the inspiration photo on the Monday Mood Board over on the WPlus9 blog this week - the orange and green really spoke to me.  http://stampawaywithme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/monday-mood-board-12.html   The Birthday theme is because both Dawn and her DH have birthdays coming up - so what better way to celebrate than with a gallery full of birthday cards ;-)


I wanted to add some solid blocks of the orange and green so immediately jumped on Quilt Prints and stamped up a full background with pear tart and morocco momento inks using the dotted diamond to pick up on the confetti in the image.  I LOVE stamping up this background - it's so relaxing - and soooo thrilling when the last bit of the pattern is stamped in place and all the little bits mean the design possibilities are near endless!


I took further inspiration from the stacked cups and threw in some red using my new favourite Fresh Baked set stacking up bowls and a jug and coating in glossy accents and adding a thin fussy cut black border to help it stand out from the quilt pattern.  Simply finished with an embossed black sentiment also from Fresh Baked and a black mat before mounting onto a 3 x 3 card base.



4 comments:

  1. I love the zingy colours on this card Tara and the stamped background is fab! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colours together, Tara! Gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it is fun to watch that background grow... Your colours are so bright and retro!!!
    Love the glossy cookware too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips