Friday 15 March 2013

Shades of Green

There's been an awful lot of pink on my blog this week - which is really not one of my normal go to colours, so I thought it was about time we got back into my green and blue comfort zone and today is all about the green.....



Contrary to popular belief (and according to my DH who is a Japanophile) Ninja's never wore black, just dark colours so colouring this little fella green isn't as daft as it seems!  I coloured him with copics, added come glitter to his cupcake frosting and stamped the gift onto DP before colouring the ribbon with copics again for depth.   It's actually for a birthday tomorrow but I'm pretty sure the recipient doesn't look at my blog so we're safe to post it without spoiling the surprise.

The challenge at There She Goes which is the company that makes the two stamp sets I've used here is to use shades of green http://tsgclearstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/tsg198-color-challenge.html and was the inspiration for the card.   However, with it being so close to the day the world turns green (St Patrick's if you don't know) there are quite a few other challenges that also want to see green so I'm entering into the following challenges as well:

http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-pink-elephant-challenge-tpe190.html

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/just-add-ink-157.html 

10 comments:

  1. He's just fabulous, Tara!! I love that he'd be hidden in the garden! Love the simplicity too!

    Thx for joining us at TSG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card Tara! I love how you incorporates both sets on this pretty card. Thanks for playing along with TSG, hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shading is outstanding Tara, this stamp set is so cool :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Tara! l just laughed out loud at that great sentiment and l love the "GREEN" Ninja! Thanks so much for playing along at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, fun, card Tara. I love how you've anchored the images on a strip of green card ... and your colouring is awesome. Love this! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks "Use the color GREEN" challenge over at at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! We love our little ninjas and now I won't worry about coloring him black all the time. :-) Thanks so much for playing this week at TSG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute little ninja! Lots of fun. I think he/she (not sure which) looks great in Green. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  9. super, super CUTE!!! Thanks for playing along with TSG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Tara! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips