Friday 29 March 2013

Easter Butterfly

This week's CASual Friday challenge is to make something for Easter but NOT a card so I thought I'd enter one of the butterflies I've made as Easter gifts this year.  http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/cfc96.html  I spotted them on pinterest a few weeks back but as I needed to make lots of gifts for boys, I tried to give them a masculine feel with darker colours and an added moustache!


I filled a 3 x 5 inch card bag with skittles but leaving a finger width gap at the top and sealed the open end.  I pinched the middle to form the wings and wrapped a pipe cleaner around to hold it firm and taught with 2 twists so there was enough left over to form the antenna.  The body is a clothes peg, covered with washi tape and a couple of googly eyes secured with glossy accents.  The moustache comes from the Crafts Meow "Fun(tache)tic" set - stamped onto card and fussy cut and again secured with glossy accents.  Very quick and easy to make but bright and cheery and lots of fun.

6 comments:

  1. This a great Tara and such a lovely idea

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Tara and such a great idea! Great for kids' crafting too! :)
    Happy Easter!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cerative. the googly eyes and moustache is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and creative Easter treat! I love the addition of the mustache! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable Tara! LOVE those candy filled wings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute! I will have to pin it for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips