Wednesday 6 March 2013

Quilted Leaves


Quite often I struggle with inspiration photo challenges - I can't seem to interpret them in any meaningful or artistic way - but this one at The Pink Elephant really spoke to me - I love grey and yellow and I was drawn to those leaves.  http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-pink-elephant-challenge-tpe189.html   So I combined their inspiration challenge with the Paper Players theme of "stitching" http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/paper-players-135-leannes-theme.html and this is what I came up with:


I used a couple of stitched stamp sets from Crafts Meow - Stitched Flowers and Stitched Sentiments for this card and just two shades of ink - Momento Dandelion and Grey Flannel.  I used the single stitched leaf stamp to create a repeat background pattern taking inspiration from the quilt and then I inked the edges of the panel with the dandelion to add some brightness.  I stamped and embossed the stitched sentiment onto some grey cardstock and mounted it onto some yellow embossed dot card.  I stamped a button flower from the flower set and coloured it with pencils adding a white button coloured grey with a copic to the centre.  I stamped the two leaf sprays again in grey and coloured with a copic to finish.  If only I could find this inspiration in every photo challenge!


8 comments:

  1. I saw this photo inspiration challenge a day or so ago...just beautiful, and you did a wonderful job interpreting it! Thanks for playing with my "stitchy" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Tara - fantastic take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm the colours ARE gorgeous and you've CASed that photo perfectly into a beautiful card :0)
    Touch of the Orla Keily in that bkgd.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love your version of that photo. A great addition to The Paper Players Challenge. Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for both challenges, Tara! The yellow flower is the perfect "pop" of color. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great interpretation of the inspiration photo! so pretty! thanks for playing along at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Wonderful take on this weeks Inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not come across this challenge before Tara, thanks for the heads up. I love your take on the inspiration photo and what a gorgeous colour combination. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips