Thursday 21 February 2013

Floral Dash


I've only tried to the do the 10 minute craft dash once and I really struggled - I am sooo not a quick crafter!  However, I got some pretty sequins on Sunday that match one of the colours on this weeks challenge so I thought I'd give it a bash - sticking on a few sequins is quick isn't it?  Not when you're me apparently......


I just scraped in with 33 seconds to spare but I was really starting to panic!   I die cut my flowers from some brown DP (very old not sure who its by) - I then trimmed it to fit my square card - only I cut it too short - damn, panic, 3 minutes gone already - I had to crop a little off the end of the card to make the panel fit again - 4 minutes gone -eek!   I cut a panel of pink card and glued it behind the die cut  in the brown and got glue in the wrong place so had to waste another precious minute with my dry glue eraser - more panic.  I thought the sentiment would look best in white, but my white inks are not good so that required embossing - heat embossing wtih 5 minutes left - this is never going to happen - but it did (just don't look too close cos I didn't have time to find my embossing buddy so there's a bit of loose powder hanging around....)  I was now down to 8 minutes - quick add some strips of teal mirri tape to match the sequins and then spend a full minute faffing with the placement of 6 sequins - stop the clock - PHEW!   I thought crafting was supposed to be relaxing - I need more practice at timed challenges obviously!!!!

As it's also eligible for the current Dies to Die for challenge which requires you to feature flowers, I'm entering it into their challenge too - http://cuteycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/p/die-ing-for-challenge.html


8 comments:

  1. Wow, lovey card, I would never be able to make a card in 10 minutes, sometime they take me 10 hours, sometimes 10 days lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I was thinking "wow, she must have had a plan before she started" then I read your post. Crazy challenge eh? I can spend 10 minutes just deciding where to put sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sequins....a trend that I LOVE right now! This card is so pretty and also really fun!

    Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash, Tara. I hope you can play in the challenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahooo well done Tara!! Fabby card and in 10 minutes, I'm so impressed! I have been known to take a day to make a card I would never be able to make one in 10 minutes.
    Thank you for your lovely get well wishes, Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whole play by play! hahaha... it's so fun to see how these challenges get everyone going. I love how it turned out, and I am so glad you joined us at the Craft Dash - don't be afraid to give it another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie this is a fabulous creation, thank you for joining us at Dies to die for challenge this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card.. Love the way you have used the challenge colours.
    Thanks so much playing along 10 min craft dash! Do join us again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips