Sunday 3 February 2013

Homemade stamps and hexagons

I finally managed to do the homework for Day One - I never was good at handing in homework on time!



It's also my entry to Cath's Moxi Fab challenge to make a card with a homemade stamp - I made the 3 different sized triangles from a couple of layers of foam http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/01/75-creative-card-challenges-week_10.html  I used a protractor to get the 20 degree angles to space my triangles out evenly and stamped in pear tart, teal zeal and navy ink.  I used a Hero Arts Greeting in pear tart and finished with a glitter pen to make the dotted lines.    This is also No 18 on my list of 75 creative card challenges completed.

I also completed No 5 on that list this week - Make a Card Inspired by a Quilt - I used that to make a card for my Aunts birthday.


I used the hexagon die from MFT using 6 different papers from a MME pad.  I added a couple of Clearly Besotted butterflies and sentiments from Waltzingmouse.




6 comments:

  1. Wow Tara these are incredible. Love your handmade stamps to bits and the hexagons give a warm fuzzy feel :-)
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara
    Wow two stunning cards.... Fabulous
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tara - these are just brilliant! I love the sunray pattern on your first card - very clever making your own stamps too. The quilt pattern on the second card is just wonderful, and the butterflies are just perfect with it.

    Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of the Clean & Simple Card Making class - I'm signed up and having lots of fun. Learning so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats clever making you're own stamps and a great pattern too. I love how you used the Hexagon die.... I think I may need to add that to my list :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tara! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both absolutely stunning! I'm loving hexagons at the moment too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips