Saturday 23 February 2013

Pierced Flowers

This week's Less is More challenge is to do paper-piercing - I got very excited when I first read it on my phone as I thought it said piecing not piercing as I love the former and do it often.  When I looked at the examples though I realised I was on the wrong track and piercing is not something I've done much before (even though I have one of those easy sew tools).

Anyhow - I vaguely remembered an embossing folder I had that I thought I could play with piercing on so I dug it out and came up with this:


I embossed the white card stock and all the piercing holes were actually little raised bumps - I simply popped the embossed card onto a pricking mat and then pricked every bump into a hole we we have the raised flowers with the dotted swirly holes in between.  I added a little pink stickles to the centres and some clear to the hearts and finished with a matching pink card strip stamped with a Mother's day sentiment from the Crafts Meow

18 comments:

  1. What a fab panel Tara, super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Tara gorgeous card and clever piercing.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara
    Love your card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, same here, I read it as piecing too!!!
    Love your card, so pretty and the embossing/ piercing combo is fantastic :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is gorgeous, Tara! I love the pink gems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fabulous Tara. Love the embossing and the piercing finishes it off perfectly. Love the pink too.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from LIM - Very clever idea to pierce some of the embossed areas :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Tara! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Tar! What a clever idea with the emossing folder...I may have to give it a go with one I have somewhere...
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. tara i really love what you have done to the EF! what a great idea

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Tara
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so sweet. You put a lot of work into the paper piecing. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've made that embossing look absolutely stunning with your piercing Tara! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card - love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Tara! That's a LOT of piercing!! Love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really pretty, Tara. The pierced swirls really add something special to the embossed flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips