Sunday 7 July 2013

50 Shades of Grey

I had to laugh when I saw this week's challenge at Less is More this week - 50 Shades of Grey - both from the cheeky book angle and also from the thought of having to use 50 shades of any colour on a card!  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/shades-of-grey-week-127.html  As it turns out though, we only need use 2 shades, phew!

I decided to go with both the colour and book from which it came as my theme with this somewhat cheeky little number "greytie" from Saturated Canary Digi stamps:


I used a dark grey base card and cut some thin strips of medium and light grey card stock and stuck them at the bottom to add a little striped interest.  I coloured the image with copics and fussy cut her out (drawing in some details to the base card when I snipped them off!) and stuck her over the stripes.  I finished with a sentiment from Mama Elephant stamped in versafine smokey grey to up my grey-count to 8 including the copics on the tie.  The sentiment reminded me of the wonderbra adverts from the 90s - you know - the "Hello Boys" ones that stopped the traffic.  

Right, I think that's enough titillation for a Sunday evening - back to the White Queen.....

3 comments:

  1. This looks pretty saucy too Tara!
    Looks like you had fun with this one!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Tara - not that I'd know any of the significance of course :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well she looks like a right little minx!! Great idea for the challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips