Monday 1 October 2012

Simple Christmas for St Luke's

It's the first of the month again (already - just what happened to September????) which means a new challenge over at St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge and this month we are looking for CAS Christmas cards - well it is time to get cracking on those soon to be needed cards and simple is defo the way to go (for me anyhow) for Christmas cards so I can whack out a few in each design.


This is my case in point - it's been a hectic weekend so my card HAD to be CAS and very quick.  The bauble, complete with the word joy, was a design I found in the silhoutte online store and I simply cut it from white card stock and then coloured with a copic marker.  I added a simple circle of white glitter card behind the outline to give the bauble some weight and then added stickles to the word joy.  I cut a nestie shape to mount it on and drew around the outline of the die to cut a thin red border (the next size up die would have been too large for my 4 inch card base).  I finished by handing the bauble on some red and white twine with a matching bow.  I can definately knock out a few more of this design in different colours to make up a stack of cards ready for Christmas.......

I do hope you'll join in our challenge this month and get making your Christmas cards too - and if you're short on Christmas supplies you can even with a fabulous set of Waltzingmouse stamps as a prize if you're our winner so check out the challenge blog  http://stlukescharitycardschallenge.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity and clean look of your card Tara....the red really stands out against the white

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red and white - so bright, so festive. The bauble looks wonderful and I can imagine this design in all colours! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous Tara. Love the bauble and the word. The touch of red really pops.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red and white are one of my fave clour combos for Christmas especially on CAS cards :0)
    Love that fancy font and bauble...... Looks like you're enjoying your cameo :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this, plain, simple and extremely elegant

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's time I got my act together for this challenge... Your card is beautiful and a great batch design. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sparkly...and gloriously clean and simple...I feel a CASE coming on...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips