Saturday 15 October 2011

More Cocktails

I'm loving this mornings challenge at Less is More - I do love a cocktail ;-)  This time I thought I'd take a more obtuse angle rather just featuring a cocktail glass - so here I am with my interpretation of two cards based on two different cocktails - see if you can work them out....


My first card I think would make an ideal little thank you to the handyman in your life when he's putting up your selves in the craft room - mine has a job to do tomorrow so will get this when he's finished!  It's a tiny 3" square and the stamp is a personal impressions from a tool set.  The cocktail inspiration comes from the name - a screwdriver is basically the fancy name for vodka and orange.......


My second card is a Christmas one - Magnum from Ladybug Crafts stamped on kraft and coloured with pencils.  The cocktail here is an oldie but a goodie - a Snowball -  advocaat, lime and lemonade - I was always allowed a very weak one with my Nannan on New Years Eve and thought it was the height of sophistication - well you would when you were 8 or so wouldn't you ;-)

I think that's exhausted my cocktail stamp ideas and I have to go and make tea as we're out early tonight at the Sheffield Comedy Festival - I may even partake in a cocktail while I'm there!

Catch you later ;-)

28 comments:

  1. Well done Tara they are both great xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Tara, this is the sort of thing I was thinking of but got side tracked by all the rude names lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good Tara, love your interpretation of the challenge
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your screwdriver cocktail card! Of course, the other one's pretty fabbylicious too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ingenious Tara!
    As soon as I saw the thumbs I saw the screwdriver
    Very clever
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that screwdriver is just inspired! How very clever and what a great card too. The snowball is fun too:)
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Tara, I knew there would be some terrific inventiveness on the part of the LIMettes
    and these are terrific.
    Well done you!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards - clever thinking behind these

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant take on the challenge. Great cards.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both brilliant, Tara! Love your Magnum colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too clever by half LOL! Great cards.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant take ion the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspired! Brilliant cards ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards! Love both! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards .. both are brilliant ! My card seems very predictable after seeing these interpretations ,,,:-)

    luv
    Lols

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, what a brilliant take on the challenge
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous take on the challenge, very inventive!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have heard of a "screwdriver" drink...but never heard of the second one. You are definitely creative and unique with your card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ideas Tara and both fab cards too, not a cocktail drinker myself and I think these are the only two I could name...funny, my nan let me try a 'snowball' at Christmas time around that age too!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two brilliant cards, well done. You can view my card here Maureen........x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both are wonderful cards
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your take on the theme, I've heard of a screwdriver, but not a snowball, but LOL, I don't drink very much and am very ignorant in the world of drink names!
    Fab images and colouring - two great cards,
    Sandy

    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  23. just fabulous - love the idea! Two wonderful cards and great shading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've been showcased at LIM!!! Congratulations - inspired card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brilliant interpretations and congrats on being showcased!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips