Monday 11 July 2011

Another one-legged LIM entry

I've been looking at all the other LIM entries this week, and thought that I had been so boring in my choice of "legs" by going straight for the obvious choice of something living, so I had a look at my other stamps to see if I could be a bit more inventive.  When I saw the entries with dress forms, I went straight for my new Waltzingmouse set from this months release called "you're lovely" and I hope that its one leg counts....


I marked off a section at the side with post its and used my brayer with kaleidacolour inks in dessert heat but I did it in several different directions to break up the colour into a random pattern (I find the brayer easier than the ranger blending pads).  I left the post its in place and then used a text stamp to overstamp in shades of yellow and red to give the background more interest and texture.  I stamped the dress form in black so that the "leg" is directly lined on the border between the colour and the white.  I then used one of the 3 tops that come with the set to give the dress a black top and added one of the sentiments to the bottom right for balance.  As the stamp designer often says on her blog - "hope it tickles"

Thanks for stopping by again.

Craftilicious x

11 comments:

  1. this is a great card - wonderful use of color, and i love how the single leg divides the color from the white. i think there are four legs at the bottom of the stand, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super car... I love the band of colour on the left with the added interest of the script... super duper!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - just so gorgeous! Love the simplicity of design, these are great legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We area allowing one leg Tara lol
    Super card, that s a super dress form
    Thank you very much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. Great image and really like how you've set it off with the stripe of colour. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing card and loving your coloured panel

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Tara. Love the coloured strip and that image is fabulous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever card indeed and very effective even if it is one legged !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara, love that dress form...and the colored strip down the side is perfect with it! My Card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very accurate placing of the 'leg', georgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips