Saturday 9 April 2011

Waltzing Mouse SOAP CASE Challenge

The very talented Ms Brennan, who designs all the wonderfully delicious stamps over at Waltzing Mouse, has had another cracking idea - inbetween releases her lovely design team are going to play with the previous months stamps to give us all lots of great inspiration and then at the end of the week, we have to pick our favourite to CASE in a new challenge.

It started last week, and the deadline to submit entries is in about 10 hours time....   The SOAP (stamp of approval parade) inspiration  had just so many wonderful projects, I really had a very hard time picking a favourite to case, but in the end, I settled on this AMAZING wall hanging project by Mona Pendleton - isn't it just beautiful?  Do go and visit Mona to find out all about it.


Now, I don't quite have Mona's skills for antiquing and the vintage look, so I decided to interpret it into a card rather than a wall hanging.  This is my CASE interpretation:


I started with a white base card, and cut a piece of kraft paper which has the same ripple effect as Mona's background (but it doesn't show up on the photo!) and I antiqued the edges with a green and brown distress ink.  I then used a garden swirly stamp set to add interest to the corners, stamping with a similar coloured lime green ink with dark green "highlights."  I added a couple of buterflies in brown from the same set.

I then stamped one of my small stamps from the holiday lables 14 set from WM and in the lime green ink, then added a sentiment from Back in the saddle in the darker green and brown.  I stamped the next size up lable in lime green for the spotted pattern and edge it with brown.  The third layer is a DP from one of the new Prima packs - reflections.  I cut them all out with the matching nestie and layered up with foam pads.  I added some lace over the bottom layer which was white but I coloured with the ink pads.  I used the smallest stamp in the labels 14 set to cut out the tag onto which I stamped and embossed the cowboy boots, also from back in the saddle.  I then used some vintage seam binding ribbon to create a double bow with my bow easy (I honestly couldn't tie a bow without it!) and dangled the tag from the center, to which I then added a nice white rose.  I colour tinted another flower with the lime ink and added a clear gem to the center to provide a little balance to the right hand side.

It's taken a couple of hours to put together but I really loved making it and am thrilled with the results.  Hope you like it.

Enjoy the rest of your evening
                                                Craftilicious x

8 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I love your layered Labels 14 and those cute little cowboy boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like your layering of the different backgrounds--will have to try that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "rootin'tootin'" card!! From your colors to the sweet little boot tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love the layered label and the cowboy boot tag! I am so flattered you CASEd my project! You did a FABULOUS job :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great CASE! love the lacy ribbon on the boots tag and all your nestie framings on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just brilliant! I love the layered labels 18 and that sweet tag with the cowboy boots! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius! I love your interpretive CASE. Those boots in the label are too cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips