Monday 13 June 2011

another in the frame

Just a quick post tonight with another entry for LIM's in the frame challenge.  We went to stamp magic yesterday in Doncaster and along with buying far too much new stuff, I spent quite a long time watching the very talented Barbara from Clarity stamps doing demo's - I think she pretty much went straight through from 10 am to 3 pm without so much as a cup of tea!!!  So I came home inspired to get my brayer out and this is the result....


Not sure where there stamps are from - had them a long time - I think I saw Dawn Bibby use them on QVC once but bought them elsewhere.  I stamped the image centrally on the card with stazon and then masked all the way around with post its and then used a kaleidoscope ink pad in Caribbean sea with my brayer to colour the background within the frame.  I added a few dots around the stars and dragonflies with sakura sparkle pens, and used the same to add some highlights to the flowers.

Very simple, and definitely very clean ;-)

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful colors!! Love it! (You're obviously much better at using the brayer than I am! Yours looks so smooth and even...mine had lines all over!)
    My Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - this is wonderful!! I love the colours you've used and the silhouette stamps are perfect! Love the subtle sparkle too!

    Sounds like the fair was lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think it might be Debbie Moore?
    Wonderful card, gorgeous use of brayering, I can't ever get it right!
    FAB
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Tara, I think I must take some brayer lessons from someone... yours looks fabulous.
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Tara. Beautiful colours, fabulous stamp. Brayering is something I haven`t tried yet, must give it a go.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great - so vibrant - amazing colours and brayering!
    Sarah at 194

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful. I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara this is really eyecatching and beautiful. I love the colours and the silhouettes work so well. Enjoy your new stash!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the effect of brayering but have never tried it - perhaps I should. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!!! love the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a brayer that looks brand new because, you guessed it, it doesn't see the light of day! Maybe with a bit of practice I could achieve the same fab result you have on your card.

    A touch of sparkle goes a long way. Great job. Here's mine

    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love this image and I love your braired background!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it. Beautiful colours and wonderful image Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips