Sunday 14 June 2015

Hidden Starfish

It's PJ Party time over at Waltzingmouse Stamps and you all know how much I love WMS right?  Well time was I would have made a card for all 4 challenges but time is short these days but I usually manage to squeeze one challenge in and I made it this month too.


When I do these challenges, I only ever use Waltzingmouse stamps on them, so having read that, are you all scratching your heads and wondering if you missed a starfish stamp?   Well no, you didn't - this came about by accident.   I was testing out ombre inkpads and needed a solid stamp but the ones on my desk happened to be Kaboom so I just turned the dotted star over and inked up the back and when I stamped it I realised it looked like a starfish with it's lovely wobbly edges.  So I inked it up again in red stamped it on to kraft, added brown around the edges and stamped it on top again and then cleaned it before turning it over to stamp the front with the dots in white over the top as real starfish are a bit knobbly.  I drew the face in with a sharpie before coating in glossy accents.

The sentiment is from My Island and I inked it red and then added the brown over the edges for that too tone suntan look ;-)   I finished with a hand drawn border and some tiny stars in the corners from Kaboom.

You've got 24 hours to play along if you want to join in http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/welcome-to-june-pj-party.html

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are SO clever with your stamps Tara! love your starfish - great use of the coffee colors! and so happy to see you here at the WMS PJ party! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a super idea - on my list to case! Great find Tara! and I do appreciate you playing along because I KNOW how busy you are!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the happy starfish : D. Very clever way to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips