Tuesday 31 January 2012

Flowers and Butterflies

We have a birthday club at work and pay a couple of quid each to buy a gift for each others birthdays - since I started card making, I make the cards so that we don't loose half the present to the cost of a card!  I need one for Thursday and decided to go floral after seeing this weeks inspiration challenge at There She Goes:


I have a lovely set of floral stamps called garden of friends from There She Goes so I thought the jug image would be the perfect match for the inspiration photo.  However, somewhere along the lines I went more purple than pink...  Hope this still counts!



I coloured the image with copics, cut with a nestie using the overflow the frame technique, added a couple of mounts and then stamped a background on vellum (I only had lilac vellum...) using two different stamps and shades of ink.  I did a little spritzing to distress the corners and add some shimmer.  Finished with ribbon, a tiny sentiment in pink (which barely shows up on the photo) and a couple of pink butterflies - one die cut, one sticker.

I'm also entering this into Flutterby Wednesday where the challenge is to include embossing on your butterfly, fairy or "thing with wings"   http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com/2012/01/flutter-by-wednesday-187.html  My butterfly has embossed detail to it, but again it doesn't show very clearly on the photo.

I'll be back later with my card for our new Challenge over at St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge.....


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love your butterfly! Thank you for sharing with us at Flutter By Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara
    Wow!!! love the butterfly ....Fab bright colours
    Hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your choice of the image is perfect! Purple? No problem!!;) You colored the image so beautifully. Thank you for joining in this weeks TSG challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips