Sunday 29 May 2016

Konichiwa!

It's weeks since I managed to find time to play along with my favourite challenge but I managed to squeeze in a quick take on their sketch this week.  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/week-278-sketch.html


I used the adorable new stamp set from Avery Elle called Konichiwa which I just love as you can change up the geisha with all her facial options.  I used the tiny flower in the set to change her kimono too - using a post-it to stamp some over the edges of the fabric to make it look more realistic.  I stamped the cherry blossom onto the pink card which forms the basis of the sketch and shaded with a white pencil.  Adding my sentiment onto a strip of blue to tie in the blue flowers on the kimono which have a glitter finish with a wink of stella brush pen which really doesn't show up in photos!

Thanks for stopping by - actually I should say Arigato!

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I love how you've patterned the dress and added the cherry blossom. Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your link on the "Less is More" blog and wanted to pop over to your blog and say I think your card is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing card, I love Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is a little stunner Tara!
    Beautifully done, with your attention to detail!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! Love your idea. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeek...this is gorgeous, Tara! I love the cute little floral kimono, fab work!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh so cute and perfect Tara. Gorgeous image and love the bold division of the sketch. Perfectly CAS and Awesome. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, the little stamped girl is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips