Saturday 11 June 2016

Layers of Flamingo

The challenge at LIM this week is to add splatters to a one layer card and I decided to add mine to a "layered" flamingo as we finally got the new Hero Arts release and I couldn't wait to ink up the flamingo!


I stamped the 3 layers of the flamingo in 3 shades of pink ink from MFT and added a little pencil shading to his legs. I love the bold black beak - he really comes alive when you stamp that final little detail.  I added the puddle stamps around his legs and then did a quick colour wash over the top to soften them and then stamped them again.  I stamped the greenery before the colour wash ensuring I went over the bottoms with the wash to make them look like watery plants.   I finished by adding a sentiment from the stamp set and adding my splatters by stamping the brightest of my pinks onto a block and adding water so I could drop so splatters with a brush.  I thought it looked a little like he was shaking off some water after a dip!




11 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the flamingo, and adding splatters really works - he definitely looks like he's shaking off! Great LIM card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the card,

    Lilian B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card, love your fantastic Flamingo and your "splatters"
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous darlink! Terrific stamping!
    Love those gentle splatters too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this flamingo! I feel a new stamp coming on!!! You've stamped it beautifully and the splatters are the perfect addition. Thanks for sharing. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Tara! I adore the flamingo set you used too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sophisticated card you've made Tara. My goodness, even the splatters look super elegant. Thanks so much for joining us.
    Sharon xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love flamingo cards and yours is done so pretty! Very nice one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm seeing flamingos all over blog land and in new stamp releases. Love this layered version by HA, and your splatters look so controlled. It does look as if he is shaking off some water after a (colour) wash lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips