Friday 4 November 2011

off the edge.......

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Friday is to make any card but to have an element of it which falls off the edge of the card itself.  I am most definitely in Christmas card mode at the moment - I seem to be struggling to make anything else - so here's is my off the edge bauble card.


I've really struggled to get a decent photo, but now the dark nights are in my chances of daylight photography are pretty limited and isn't helped by my choice of silver pearl as a base card - sorry :-(   I have used the smallest nestie bauble die to cut out lots of tiny baubles from a double-sided snowflake DP in red and blue, and also from silver mirri.  They were arranged patchwork style using pop dots for dimension and the silver ones at either end "fall" off the edge.  I finished with some blue ribbon (which is a much better match to the blue DP IRL than it seems) and repeated a Merry Christmas sentiment from Waltzingmouse underneath just in black.

I do love the effect and thought I could make a few but it was quite fiddly to put together so maybe I need a more simple design to mass produce!

Catch you laters - Craftilicious x

6 comments:

  1. Great card Tara and I love your 'off the edge' using the baubles...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've cleverly designed this card, the tree ornament pattern is so eye-catching :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card - the tiny bauble is perfect for this patchwork effect. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern you've created with the tiny ornament and it looks great on the silver :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your off the edge work, It is amazing.

    Plastic Cards
    Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips