Friday 2 September 2011

Literally speaking....

I've been pondering this week's great challenge at CAS-ual Friday all day - the challenge is to create something inspired by a book but only using red, black and white.  I kept coming up with all sorts of ideas at work whilst thinking about my favourite books, but when I got home, I realised I just don't have the stamps to live up to my ideas....

So, I sat and stared at my stamps for an hour and finally settled on the following:


My inspiration was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" which is a slight cheat, as I know it more as a film than a book, but the film is based on the original novella by Truman Capote so I hope it counts!

I masked off the edge of my card with post-its and then stamped a script background stamp all the way down.  The dress stamp is a large framed stamp by stampendous, which I stamped on white and cut and mounted onto red and black adding a single gem for the "Golightly" touch ;-)
 

As the colours for the playdate cafe this week are black and white with a splash of red, I am also entering this into their challenge.


Craftilicious x

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is exquisite!! Fantastic representation of Breakfast at Tiffany's :) So glad you played along with us at CAS-ual Fridays and The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so classy! Lovely card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Tara....love the dress

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW!!! SO ELEGANT AND VERY LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've used the length of that dress to make a really dramatic card. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo la la! Fab card, love that gown :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips