Tuesday 1 February 2011

Lace and Dots

I've had a busy week at home making cards and sorting out my craft room so I've not managed to blog for a week.  Here's the first of the creations to show you.


I made this card for a colleagues birthday on some new 7" x 7" cards so a little larger than I have worked with before which gives you scope to put a little more on the cards I found.  I started with two layers of complementary papers (sorry not sure what stacks they are from) and used my Martha Steward "Scroll Lace" punch-around-the-page set on both layers to give a doily effect.  Some complimentary double mounting popped the image off the background, and I used the "waste" from the corner punch to add decorative corners to the image.  Some fabric flowers with pearl centre and a craftwork cards sentiment colour matched with distress inks finishes it off.

The image is a gorgeous pair from Hanglar (sorry no link as website only works in Sweden), which was coloured completely with Faber-Castell pencils and blending stumps - no copics even as a base.  I was trying to emulate one of my colouring heroines - Paulabella - but I need a lot more practice - just wish I was stateside so I could do one of her classes :(  I do love the effect on the boys hair though, that came out better than I get it with copics and I think the blending makes his waistcoat look like leather.  I've done a close up shot so you can see the detail a bit more.



This card fits the following challenges this week:

Going Dotty - over at the Just Magnolia challenge blog

Punch It - is the challenge this week at the Pile It On Challenge  where you have to enter at least one other challenge to enter their challenge (they also helpfully list a lot of other challenges so good if you're browsing for something to do)   There is definitely a lot of punching going on on this card!

Layer it up - is the name of game at Paper Play Challenges and this card has 5 layers so fits that challenge perfectly.

Flowers - are the requirement at Fun at Fairy Knoll so I'm entering their challenge for the first time too.

Scallops - are the in vogue at Some Odd Girl and there are lots of scallops with my punched layers.


5 comments:

  1. such a fab card...so pretty! love all the punching you did! thanks for playing along with us at PIO! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to get the craft room sorted? Love what you created.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - great layout.
    Thanks for joining us at PIO this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in this weeks Fairy Knoll Challenge. Hugs Shelley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! such a cute couple! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips